“those things which are most surely believed among us”
— Luke 1:1
1. We believe in one true and living God, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, and these three are one.
2. We believe that the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are of Divine authority and the only rule of faith and practice.
3. We believe in the doctrine of original sin and that all of Adam’s posterity are sinners by nature.
4. We believe in the doctrine of personal and unconditional election as taught in the scriptures, but reject the doctrine that God predestinated all things, or decreed sin.
5. We believe that sinners are justified in the sight of God only by the righteousness of Christ being imputed to them.
6. We believe that a knowledge of salvation is manifested to the heirs of promise by a direct operation of the Holy Spirit in their hearts.
7. We believe that the saints are kept by the power of God and never fall finally away.
8. We believe that baptism by immersion, the Lord’s supper, and washing the saints’ feet are ordinances of Jesus Christ and should be practiced by His people in a church capacity.
9. We believe that the mortal bodies of mankind that die and are laid in the grave or elsewhere will be raised, some to everlasting life and some to everlasting shame and contempt.
10. We believe that the joys of the righteous will be eternal, and the punishment of the wicked will be everlasting.
11. We believe that no minister has any right to administer the ordinance of baptism only such as have been regularly baptized and come under the imposition of the hands of a presbytery by the authority of the church of Christ.
12. We believe that none but regularly baptized believers have a right to commune at the Lord’s table.
13. We believe it to be disorder for members of the church to unite with any secret oath bound institution of the day as they now exist or may hereafter exist.
14. We believe it to be contrary to the teaching of the scriptures and a violation of a long established rule among Primitive Baptists to use instrumental music in our church services.
15. (added May, 1954) We believe that Sunday schools, theological schools, and Bible conferences are not scriptural, and we admonish our members to refrain from any connection with such institutions.